Join our team in a sales support role
Timbuktu is a fully-funded travel startup designed to allow travellers to take their own hand in designing their dream safari. Our highly interactive online interface is challenging the status quo in African travel by giving travellers the ability to piece together a trip online in a way never seen before. It is exciting, fun and innovative. Based in the heart of Cape Town we are a rapidly growing company with big ambitions.
In a dynamic space like this, we are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join us on our mission to inspire people to leave their comfort zone and travel to Africa’s most exotic and far-flung places; be it bumping through the bush in an open Landy or snorkelling alongside whale sharks in the Indian Ocean.
Join us and help us change how travel is discovered and booked in Africa!
Responsibilities of the role:
· Helping our sales team with the post-booking support process.
· Liaising with our partners across Africa to ensure the highest levels of service are achieved for our guests.
· Interacting with our sales and finance teams to ensure that the every detail of a trip booking is covered.
· Ensuring that the lodges, trips and experiences recommended on our website, and guest communications, are of the highest standard and meet our brand criteria.
· Keeping up to date with developments across Africa including new safari camps, health advice, changes of management and flight connections.
· Helping to shape the Timbuktu brand and create the best company to book with for African travel!
What we are looking for:
· Knowledge and love of all things Africa.
· Experience in Africa travel in Africa being a bonus but not required.
· Capacity to embrace change as we pioneer the new way to discover and book safaris.
· Passion for working with people and customer service.
· Ability to think quickly on your feet, calmly defusing problems as they arise.
· Desire to make exploring Africa easier for everyone.
What’s in it for you?
As an early employee at Timbuktu, you’ll have a key influence in shaping the brand and the direction of the company. It is a dynamic and quick to change environment which gives great opportunity to those who like that culture, and its results.
You will be surrounded by a travel and adventure culture. Learn and experience new corners of Africa with us. Ideally, the role is based in our Cape Town office.
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience and why you’d like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.